I was going to write a delicious post about our recent trip to Maui, but I am so annoyed with American Airlines that I need to vent. I am sure this vent will act as a detox that will allow me to move on about our trip, but until then…
Here are all the things that suck about American Airlines:
- They charge you for your luggage. I know, most airlines do, but it still sucks.
- As of June 1, 2011, they no longer allow you to take a stroller over 20 lbs to the gate. You have to check it at the ticket counter. For many parents who only have 1 stroller, this means you have to carry your child through the airport or follow your toddler through the crowds. (I suggest buying a cheapie umbrella stroller for your toddler – we spent $20 on one at kmart and couldn’t live without it at the airport and on our trip.) As far as I know, they are the only airline to implement this restriction.
- Many of the flight attendants are rude, get annoyed by the passengers and seem like they hate their job. I apologize if you are a flight attendant and you work for AA and you are actually courteous to the passengers and like your job. For some reason, I don’t think you exist, but if you do, I apologize for the judgement.
- They ran out of food for purchase by the time they hit row 10, except for cheese and crackers. Luckily we planned in advance and brought a bunch of snacks and a meal, but for those passengers who didn’t, they had no option.
- THEY RAN OUT OF BOTTLED WATER! And I quote, “we are all out of bottled water, but we do have airplane water. Although, I don’t recommend it because it tastes like chemicals.”
- Okay, no water, I’ll take a ginger ale. Oh wait, they ran out of that too!
- The airplane seemed older than my 90 year old grandfather. You would think they would retire a plane that looks so run down that the passengers don’t feel safe. Nope!